SIIT has actively promoted the participation of its members (both commercial and research companies) in the 2015 Commerce Strategic Plan (Programma Nazionale di Industria). The two projects mentioned below are in fact a component of a potential platform in a national context.
- Slim Port project (last sea mile, first ground mile): study, development and validation of Info-mobility, Logistics and Safety systems and applications, correlated to the activities carried out in the port and port context.
Several qualified end users have participated in the project at a national level (e.g. Port Authorities)
- SISTEMA project (last sea mile, first ground mile): study, development and validation of systems and applications for;
- Short range info-mobility data exchange in the port between ships and vehicles (road or rail);
- Long range info-mobility and optimization of the operation that the ship carries out in Port;
- Automation of existing processes.
Genoa Smart City
SIIT / TRANSIT Pole, in relation to the proposal presented by the Genoa Smart City Association as part of its candidacy for the program, provided:
- Direct support for 2 components – “Sustainable Urban Mobility” and the “Port” (both in close cooperation with the TRANSIT Hub);
- Indirect support for the “Power” component (consultancy for the use of ICT technologies and “smart” applications for the entities responsible for the domain).
Particularly, for the components “Sustainable Urban Mobility“ and the “Port”, the Mobilty Coordination Center program has been defined and presented to the Municipality of Genoa: with it we intend to create an integrated system able to address and structure an effective monitoring of the state of metropolitan mobility and related areas (port, airport, highways, stations) in all its forms (goods-passenger traffic: private, bus, underground, railway, etc.), guaranteeing safety. This will be done through the use of all information assets generated both by the systems already operating in the area, and by new “vertical” applications within the program itself, as well as by future applications, the development of which will be facilitated by the characteristics of the proposal.
The ILS Platform
Services: context studies and analysis of:
- the guidelines determined by the EU, the Ministry of Transport, the Regions and Local Authorities
- the guidelines and reference standards applicable at a national level
- the status of major national projects such as UIRNET and VTS
- specific developments, specialized products / services and technologies used in three areas – Urban, Extra-urban and Logistic Nodes network (Ports, Airports, Interports).
The program outlined by the study, once fully implemented, will allow for, under normal circumstances, the management, control and streamlining of urban and extra-urban traffic, with automation at various levels of activities / processes and with a strictly integrated vision of logistic nodes.
In the event of unpredictable events, the system will also be able to suggest to the managers responsible for the mobility of the various authorities involved, the most appropriate actions to take when faced with an emergency. Also, the component dedicated to users is to be taken into consideration, which in addition to being the recipient of punctual and effective information, through the appropriate use of Social media can become “smart sensors” across the territory.
This great opportunity derives from the convergence of interest in the program already manifested by different Regional Authorities, among which, the main ones are: The Region of Liguria through SIIT and TRANSIT Pole, the Region of Piedmont with the help of Torino Wireless, the Region of Puglia through some research institutions and companies, the Region of Tuscany through the University of Florence and companies in the sector, the Region of Sicily through the Micro and Nano District systems, the Region of Calabria through some Industrial and Research Institutions, the Region of Campania through aggregations of research on Environment and Safety, the Region of the Basilicata through the TERN District.
Given the objectives of the project, other authorities can be involved: Ministerial, Regional, Provincial and Municipal Structures.