The structure of the labs
Macro-lab of Technologies and Hardware Processes
Electronic Development Lab, Tests and Measurements
Precision Mechanical Workshop
Macro-lab of Software Technologies and Processes
Computerized work stations; SW package specialized in modeling, simulation and testing; Software development activities
- Terrestrial Robotics Cluster: Handling arms with dimensions and loading and handling capacities comparable to the human arm, mobile platforms of limited dimensions to support manipulator arms; work stations as well as associated command and control. Coordinated movement of the manipulator arms and mobile support platforms. Maintenance activities and development on specific systems
- Underwater Robotic Cluster: Small autonomous underwater vehicles, instrumentation for communication, location and navigation in an underwater environment. Activities carried out mostly on the outside of the building (harbor or coastal waters) without bias to maintenance and development on vehicles or related equipment.
- Cluster Teams and Swarms of Mobile Robots: Miniaturized autonomous mobile vehicles powered by low-power batteries, equipped with visual obstacles and radio communication equipment between them as well as with the control center. Development activities of real-time coordination methodologies for the execution of tasks (exploration, data collection, field measurements, etc.) carried out within teams or cooperating shafts
- Sensor Networks Clusters: Miniaturized devices powered by very low power batteries, equipped with data acquisition and transmission systems, distributable in the environment for the creation of distributed sensory networks; can be integrated with the swarms of mobile robots indicated in the previous point. Development activities of distributed sensory sensing systems, possibly integrating also mobile sensor systems launched on teams or swarms of miniaturized mobile robots
Automated Energy Plant Lab
- Energy Automation Cluster: Instrumentation for detecting data in energy production plants outside the building, processing components for the realization of modular automation systems for energy production processes. Simulation and development of automation systems at the processing level only for acquired data and products
- Plant Automation Cluster-1: Processing components for the realization of modular automation systems for continuous processes in general. Simulation and development of automation systems at the processing level only for acquired data and products
Automated Plant Transport Lab
- RAMS Automation Cluster: Logical and continuous data acquisition and processing devices for electric traction systems. Development of diagnostic and prognostic methods; their validation based on acquisition devices connected to simulators, or directly placed on traction systems, located outside the lab
- Automated Plant Cluster-2: Data acquisition systems and recording events quickly on scaled versions with low power and voltage of parts of the plant. Development activities of control methods and algorithms, their simulative and experimental validation available on lab scales.
- Shared lab on the issues of Industry 4.0, within the National Intelligent Manufacturing Technology Cluster (CTNFI)
Macro lab Security
Physical Safety Lab
Mobile Physical Safety Lab
Computer Security Lab
Macro lab Info-mobility
Info-mobility Systems Development Lab
Info-mobility Mobile Lab
Macro lab Health
High frequency ultrasonic data acquisition systems for bio-medical applications; cardio-circulating emulation systems, computerized workstations. Research activities related to the development of advanced methods for 4D ultrasonic investigation and diagnostics (spatial coordinates and temporal evolution).
Macro lab GRID Computing and Virtual Reality
Calculation system with a high level of parallelism; real-time reproduction systems of scenes, three-dimensional models, etc., using virtual reality technology. Development activities of real-time simulations of scenarios and complex phenomena.